U.S. pop star Selena Gomez has canceled her upcoming Australian tour, saying she needs to "spend some time on myself" after working steadily for years.
"My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," the 21-year-old singer and actress said in a statement Thursday.
"But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be," she said. "To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
"She has been working non-stop for six years," an unnamed insider told UsMagazine.com. "She needs to take some time for herself. It was a very hard decision because she hates disappointing fans but she needs to focus on her for a bit. She wants to stay healthy."
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Selena Gomez cancels Australian concert tour
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- U.K. Girds for Nationwide Strike
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device