U.S. pop star Selena Gomez has canceled her upcoming Australian tour, saying she needs to "spend some time on myself" after working steadily for years.
"My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," the 21-year-old singer and actress said in a statement Thursday.
"But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be," she said. "To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
"She has been working non-stop for six years," an unnamed insider told UsMagazine.com. "She needs to take some time for herself. It was a very hard decision because she hates disappointing fans but she needs to focus on her for a bit. She wants to stay healthy."
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Selena Gomez cancels Australian concert tour
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore