U.S. pop star Selena Gomez has canceled her upcoming Australian tour, saying she needs to "spend some time on myself" after working steadily for years.
"My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," the 21-year-old singer and actress said in a statement Thursday.
"But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be," she said. "To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
"She has been working non-stop for six years," an unnamed insider told UsMagazine.com. "She needs to take some time for herself. It was a very hard decision because she hates disappointing fans but she needs to focus on her for a bit. She wants to stay healthy."
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Selena Gomez cancels Australian concert tour
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say