Hollywood actor Ryan O'Neal has won a legal challenge to his ownership of Andy Warhol's painting of his late ex-girlfriend Farrah Fawcett, TMZ said.
The University of Texas, Fawcett's alma mater, sued O'Neal, claiming the actress left the $12 million painting to the institution in her will.
O'Neal insisted the late artist personally gave him the work.
A jury ruled Thursday O'Neal may keep the painting.
Fawcett died of cancer at age 62 in 2009.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Ryan O'Neal wins court battle over Andy Warhol painting
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power