Item 1.01 Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement. On December 17, 2013 , RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation (the "Company") entered into a lease (the "Lease") with 257 Simarano Drive , LLC, Brighton Properties, LLC , Robert Stubblebine 1, LLC and Robert Stubblebine 2, LLC to lease office and laboratory space in the building known as the " Main Building " located at 257 Simarano Drive , Marlborough, Massachusetts , covering approximately 7,581 square feet. The premises will be used by the Company for office and laboratory space. The term of the Lease will commence on April 1, 2014 and continue for five years, expiring on March 31, 2019 . The base rent for the premises during the first year of the Lease is $107,709.50 per annum, payable monthly. Each year thereafter, the base rent shall increase by approximately 3% over the base rent from the prior year. The base rent includes the Company's pro rata share of the estimated annual real estate taxes and operating expenses payable under the Lease. Should the actual real estate taxes owed or operating expenses incurred exceed their respective estimated amounts in a given year, the Company will be required to pay its pro rata share, or 11%, of such excess taxes or expenses. The Company also may recoup any excess amounts paid should its pro rata share of the actual real estate taxes owed or operating expenses incurred be less than the estimated amounts included in the base rent paid by Company in a given year. Item 2.03 Creation of a Direct Financial Obligation or an Obligation under an Off-Balance Sheet Arrangement of a Registrant. The information set forth above in Item 1.01 of this Current Report on Form 8-K regarding the Lease is incorporated into this Item 2.03 by reference. Item 9.01 Financial Statements and Exhibits. (d) Exhibits 10.1 Lease Agreement dated December 17, 2013 between RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation and 257 Simarano Drive , LLC, Brighton Properties, LLC , Robert Stubblebine 1, LLC and Robert Stubblebine 2, LLC * * * --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?