The new company will shift its focus from digital appliances to the growing automotive electronics field.
Panasonic will also close a semiconductor laser-making factory in Okayama Prefecture, western
Employees at the four plants will either be transferred to the new company or Panasonic's other operations.
Sources close to the matter said Panasonic also plans to terminate most operations of a light-emitting diode production plant in the southwestern prefecture of
Panasonic hopes to return its semiconductor business to the black by the fiscal year starting
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?