ENP Newswire - 20 December 2013 Release date- 19122013 - Richard Lowe , Head of Retail & Wholesale at Barclays , comments on today's ONS Retail Sales figures. 'Retailers are hoping for the proverbial late Christmas with consumers expected to make a last-minute dash for the shops this weekend. What discounting there is on the high street has been largely planned by retailers so consumers will be able to bag some late bargains while stocking up on food and drink to see them through the festive period'. Notes to Editors: For further information about Barclays Corporate Banking, please visit our website www.barclayscorporate.com About Barclays Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth and investment management with an extensive international presence in Europe , the Americas , Africa and Asia . Barclays' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions - in the right way. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. For further information about Barclays , please visit our website www.barclays.com . [Editorial queries for this story should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ] ((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com ))
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law