NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market : NYSE Nike Inc. , down 92 cents to $77.34 Shares of the athletic wear company were extremely volatile after its quarterly results topped profit expectations but fell short on revenue. Carnival Corp. , up 80 cents to $38.85 The cruise operator closed out a tough year of high-profile mishaps with a surprisingly strong fourth-quarter profit. Red Hat Inc. , up $7.10 to $56.10 The Linux technology company's stock hit a new high for the year after posting a 49 percent surge in profit during its third quarter. CarMax Inc. , down $4.97 to $48.08 The used-car dealership chain's third-quarter profits jumped 12 percent, but that was still less than investors expected. Nasdaq BlackBerry Ltd. , up 97 cents to $7.22 The smartphone maker reported a $4.4 billion quarterly loss but new CEO John Chen said profits could return by fiscal 2016. Tibco Software Inc. , down $2.47 to $22.01 The infrastructure software company was downgraded by UBS after its guidance for the first quarter came in shy of expectations. Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc. , up 91 cents to $6.43 The pharmaceutical company received approval to relaunch its leukemia drug after addressing federal regulators' safety concerns. Fastenal Co. , down $2.39 to $45.62 The fastener and tool company said its fourth-quarter profit will be less than expected because of slowing heavy manufacturing sales.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU