Ms. Maryam Nawaz , Honorary Chairperson, Prime Ministerís Youth Business Loan Scheme held a meeting with Meezan Bankís President, Dr. Imran Usman Shariah Advisor and Zubair Haider Shaikh and Zubair Mirza ,Heads of Islamic Banking NBP here at PM House Islamabad Thursday. In-depth discussion took place and various aspects of improving the Prime Ministerís Youth Loan programme and introduction of Islamic mode of financing in Youth Loan Business Scheme were reviewed. National Bank of Pakistan acknowledged that it has started Islamic Banking only recently; hence they have limited resources to cope with the expected volume under the programme. Representative of Meezan Bank assured NBP and Ms. Maryam Nawaz that Meezan Bank is willing to provide NBP any assistance in this regard. He also stated that Meezan Bank is planning to join PMís youth Programme, where all facilities will be in line with Shariah doctrine. Ms Maryam Nawaz acknowledged the importance of Islamic financing and emphasized that NBP should expedite their efforts to build up a skilled team so that programme is brought under Islamic mode. She thanked the banks representatives and their efforts in bringing the scheme under Islamic banner.
Most Popular Stories
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget
- Shipwright Jobs Offered in N.C.