The Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) recorded bearish trade Thursday as investors stayed cautious ahead of the crucial meeting of International Monetary Fund (IMF) which would decide the fate of second tranche of Pakistan loan under the Extended Fund Facility. The benchmark KSE 100-Index dipped by 0.2 percent or 51.81 points to close at 25,472.65 points on Thursday as against 25,524. 46 points reported on Wednesday. During Thursday's intraday trade, the key index hit an all-time intraday high of 25,711.46 points as against an intraday low of 25, 399.45 points. With the IMF meeting regarding release of next tranche of 545 million U.S. dollars scheduled to take place in Washington Thursday, market recorded institutional profit-taking which culminated the six-day bullish spree. Profit-taking was mainly seen in main board items such as National Bank , Hub Power Co , Engro Corp , DG Khan Cement , and Pakistan State Oil . Among 403 active scrips, prices of 207 issues ended in red zone, 179 finished in green terrain, whereas values of 17 other scrips stayed unchanged. Fauji Cement , Nishat Mills and National Bank of Pakistan were the top traded companies with turnovers of 18.562 million shares, 14.326 million shares and 13.07 million shares, respectively. Rafhan Maize was the top price gainer with increment of Rs.200.00 to close at Rs.7,900.00 while Unilever Foods led the major price losers with decrement of Rs.370.00 to finish at Rs.10,000.00 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11