The country’s foreign currency reserve hit a record high US$ 18 billion on Thursday. “The forex reserve of the country exceeded US $18-billion ,” Bangladesh Bank (BB) General Manager AFM Asaduzzaman told UNB over phone. The central bank official said the increased remittance inflow through formal channel and rising export earnings are the reasons behind the record forex reserve. The reserve is now adequate enough to fund the country’s import bills for at least six months, said another official.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South