Dec. 02--The HBO miniseries "Olive Kitteridge" just added a big-name star to its roster: Bill Murray, according to the Huffington Post.
The 2014 miniseries is based on Elizabeth Strout's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name.
Murray will portray a friend of the title character, played by Frances McDormand.
Here is a short quiz about Murray's rather lengthy career.
1. Murray played which agent number in the 2008 "Get Smart" film?
2. He provided the voice only for this lovable, lazy cat.
3. He received his only nomination for Academy Award Best Actor in a Leading Role for his role as a faded movie star in which film?
4. On "Stripes," his character was disciplined by the company sergeant, played by which actor?
5. What memorable quote did his character, Peter Venkman, say on "Ghostbusters" after encountering the ghost in the hotel?
6. Murray appeared in a couple of improv comedy shows on late-night TV. Name them.
7. A gopher gave him fits on which 1980 film?
8. In "Groundhog Day," Murray wakes up to which song every morning?
Answers: 1. Agent 13. 2. "Garfield." 3. "Lost in Translation" (2003). 4. Warren Oates. 5. "He slimed me." 6. "Saturday Night Live" and "SCTV Network." 7. "Caddyshack." 8. "I Got You Babe" by Sonny & Cher.
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen