Dec. 02--The HBO miniseries "Olive Kitteridge" just added a big-name star to its roster: Bill Murray, according to the Huffington Post.
The 2014 miniseries is based on Elizabeth Strout's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name.
Murray will portray a friend of the title character, played by Frances McDormand.
Here is a short quiz about Murray's rather lengthy career.
1. Murray played which agent number in the 2008 "Get Smart" film?
2. He provided the voice only for this lovable, lazy cat.
3. He received his only nomination for Academy Award Best Actor in a Leading Role for his role as a faded movie star in which film?
4. On "Stripes," his character was disciplined by the company sergeant, played by which actor?
5. What memorable quote did his character, Peter Venkman, say on "Ghostbusters" after encountering the ghost in the hotel?
6. Murray appeared in a couple of improv comedy shows on late-night TV. Name them.
7. A gopher gave him fits on which 1980 film?
8. In "Groundhog Day," Murray wakes up to which song every morning?
Answers: 1. Agent 13. 2. "Garfield." 3. "Lost in Translation" (2003). 4. Warren Oates. 5. "He slimed me." 6. "Saturday Night Live" and "SCTV Network." 7. "Caddyshack." 8. "I Got You Babe" by Sonny & Cher.
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- U.S. Economy Added 175,000 Jobs in February