Kia Motors America's top-selling crossover utility vehicle, the 2014 Sorento, was recently named one of the "Top Ten Cars of the Year" by the Hispanic Motor Press Awards.
According to a release, the Sorento took top honors in the competitive crossover segment of the annual survey of Hispanic journalists.
"Quality and value have universal appeal among car buyers, and the Kia Sorento offers both," said Michael Sprague, executive vice president, marketing and communications, KMA. "With its multiple trim levels and wide array of standard features all at an affordable price the Sorento has earned many accolades, and we're honored to count the Hispanic Motor Press Awards recognition among them."
The Hispanic Motor Press Awards honor the Top Ten Cars of the Year annually at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The Hispanic Motor Press Awards jury evaluates vehicles in ten categories and in search of offerings that represent the best value, design, comfort, safety and functionality for Hispanic families.
"The crossover segment is gaining popularity among consumers, and the size and attributes of these vehicles fit the needs of the family. The all-new Kia Sorento shows that this automaker is paying attention to what consumers want today. It won not because of its price, but because it is the best overall value in its class," said the HMPA jury director Ricardo Rodriguez-Long.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks