U.S. actor Paul Rudd is in early negotiations to star in Marvel's upcoming superhero movie "Ant-Man," Variety reported.
"Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun of the Dead" filmmaker Edgar Wright is to direct "Ant-Man" from a script he penned with Joe Cornish, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Rudd, who can now be seen in "Anchorman 2," would play the title character in "Ant-Man," a film about a brilliant scientist with the ability to communicate with insects, the report said.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Paul Rudd up for Ant-man role, report says
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Liverpool Sells Luis Suarez to Barcelona