U.S. actor Paul Rudd is in early negotiations to star in Marvel's upcoming superhero movie "Ant-Man," Variety reported.
"Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun of the Dead" filmmaker Edgar Wright is to direct "Ant-Man" from a script he penned with Joe Cornish, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Rudd, who can now be seen in "Anchorman 2," would play the title character in "Ant-Man," a film about a brilliant scientist with the ability to communicate with insects, the report said.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Paul Rudd up for Ant-man role, report says
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists