Although there is no denying end-user demand for PCs has fallen in recent years, Laplink has continued to research and identify the top issues that result in delaying purchases of PCs.
“We hear analysts say, ‘The PC is dead’ or ‘It’s a post-PC era now’ or similar comments,” stated
IDC estimates that just over 300 million PCs will be shipped by the end of 2013, a 10.1 percent drop in total computer sales from 2012. However, IDC and other analysts expect the decline in PC sales has nearly run its course, with a very slight decline in 2014. When discussing its most recent quarterly financial report, Intel’s CFO
“The number of PCs sold in the
Over the past 10 years, Laplink has surveyed PC buyers to identify what would accelerate their purchase. In addition, Laplink has reviewed similar data obtained by other industry leaders. All conclusions were the same: in 2013, given a specific level of demand, potential PC buyers have deferred purchases due to the cost of a new PC and due to concerns about migrating to their new PC - the same concerns seen in every similar survey performed over the past 10 years.
“We can’t make the economy better, and we can’t reduce the price of a new PC,” added Koll. “But we can address the migration issue that millions of PC buyers are facing and that is causing many to put off buying a new PC. Laplink PCmover with Free Transfer Assistance eliminates the concern of how to move everything from an old PC to a new one. In fact, nearly one in three PC buyers who used PCmover to set up their new PC told us they would have bought that PC sooner if they had known about PCmover ahead of time.”
PCmover is the only software that transfers all selected files, personalized settings, and applications installed and ready to use onto a new PC. Now that Windows Easy Transfer has been deprecated for Windows 8.1, PCmover is the only migration solution that provides full compatibility with Windows 8.1, including the ability to perform a migration to a new PC using an Easy Transfer Cable.
PCmover is extremely user-friendly and makes the process of setting up a new PC simple, using a step-by-step wizard that allows users to easily customize their migration process, regardless of technical skill. PCmover also comes with 24/7 Free Transfer Assistance, giving users the help of a certified PC migration expert over the phone or remotely at no additional cost.
PCmover comes in several additions for any need, including:
• Windows 7 or 8 Upgrade Assistant: The easiest way to perform an in-place upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8
• Image & Drive Assistant: The only way to restore an old image or hard drive to a new PC
• PCmover Home: The best software for users who want basic functionality in a low-cost solution for migrating from their old home PC to a new PC
• PCmover Professional: Laplink’s most popular version of PCmover that performs migrations to a new PC, in-place upgrades, restores an old image to the new operating system, and rescues hard drive contents from a non-working PC
• PCmover Enterprise: The only migration tool that allows IT professionals to manage migrations, even for unmanaged PCs
PCmover can be purchased at http://www.laplink.com or Amazon,
For over 30 years, Laplink has been the leader in providing software used for PC migration, remote access, file transfer, and synchronization. The privately-held company was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/PC-Sales/PCmover/prweb11436142.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas