As the saying goes, there are many possible reasons for an insider to sell a stock, but only one reason to buy -- they expect to make money. So let's look at two noteworthy recent insider buys. On Monday, Brixmor Property Group (BRX)'s Director, Anthony W. Deering , made a $495,248 buy of BRX, purchasing 24,750 shares at a cost of $20.01 a piece. So far Deering is in the green, up about 1.6% on their buy based on today's trading high of $20.33. This buy marks the first one filed by Deering in the past twelve months. And at Occidental Petroleum (OXY), there was insider buying on Monday, by Director Carlos M. Gutierrez who bought 5,000 shares for a cost of $91.32 each, for a trade totaling $456,614. This buy marks the first one filed by Gutierrez in the past twelve months. Occidental Petroleum is trading down about 0.2% on the day Thursday. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201312Insiders121913&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget
- Shipwright Jobs Offered in N.C.