While the popularity for sharing, collaboration and data management tools like Box and DropBox continues to increase (DropBox recently announced 200M users) so do the inherent risks to the enterprise.
CIOs and CISOs are struggling to reconcile the clear benefits of these tools and needs of their workforces with the compliance, data security and privacy guidelines that must be in place to protect the organization. With PerspecSys, they can stop wrestling. The PerspecSys’ AppProtex Gateway ensures that sensitive data and documents are never sent or stored outside of an organization, thereby removing the security threat associated with sharing by providing complete data control and compliance with applicable data privacy and residency laws.
PerspecSys’ AppProtex Gateway sits transparently between the cloud software application and its end-users, intercepting critical information before it is passed into the cloud. The data is replaced with a random token or encrypted value that is meaningless outside the server, so should anyone intercept the data either in transit or while in the cloud, it is indecipherable. PerspecSys customers retain total ownership of the encryption keys and/or token vault, enabling them to enjoy complete control, which not only helps secure their organization, but also helps them remain compliant with government and industry regulations (both national and international).
“Box and DropBox offer enterprises amazing tools for improving productivity and collaboration while reducing costs, and their users deserve all the rewards of those solutions without the data security, privacy and residency risks,” said
For more information on PerspecSys and data protection and control in cloud computing, visit www.perspecsys.com.
(1) Hype Cycle for Storage Technologies, 2013 Analyst(s): Pushan Rinnen,
About the PerspecSys Gateway
PerspecSys’ Gateway supports organizations and enterprises in sectors like Financial Services, Manufacturing and Healthcare, which need to comply with regulations specifying that strong, well-vetted encryption and tokenization techniques be used to secure sensitive information. The AppProtex Gateway was architected to give those enterprises the ability to fully control their public cloud use – Discover how data is being shared with cloud environments, Analyze what it means to their corporate risk exposure, and take steps to Protect their most sensitive data. By letting them take full advantage of cloud
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11