The controller uses Diodesí patented PFM technology to tightly regulate LED current and achieve a high power factor and low total harmonic distortion. By operating in boundary-conduction mode, the AP1684 also assures high efficiency and low EMI driver characteristics. As a primary side controller, this part removes the need for opto-coupler and secondary-side control circuitry, and being inherently stable, eliminates the need for loop compensation.
The AP1694 delivers a 5% initial LED current accuracy, meeting the requirements of most mains-dimmable LED lighting applications and is compatible with a wide range of different dimmers, including both leading edge and trailing edge types. It achieves deep dimming down to 1%, complies with the NEMA SSL6 standard for dimming curves and meets the requirements of the IEC6100-3-2 harmonic standard.
Provided in the small form factor SO-8 package and requiring only 26 external components in buck topology, the AP1694 driver controller offers designers of mains-dimmable LED lamps a higher power density with a simpler and smaller total circuit footprint. The device also integrates comprehensive protection features, including open-load detection, over-voltage, short-circuit and over-temperature protection. For further information, visit the Companyís website at www.diodes.com.
VP, Worldwide Analog Products
Investor Relations Contact:
EVP, Investor Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation