TOKYO , Dec. 20 -- ( Kyodo ) _ The U.S. dollar stayed in the lower 104 yen range early Friday in Tokyo , little changed from its levels in New York overnight. At 9 a.m. , the dollar fetched 104.30-33 yen compared with 104.19-29 yen in New York and 103.96-97 yen in Tokyo at 5 p.m. Thursday . The euro was quoted at $1.3654-3658 and 142.42-45 yen against $1.3656-3666 and 142.35-45 yen in New York and $1.3688-3689 and 142.30-34 yen in Tokyo late Thursday afternoon. In New York on Thursday, dollar-yen trading was directionless as investors sold the dollar, which had hit its highest level versus the yen since October 2008 , to secure gains, while it was also bought on expectation that the gap between U.S. and Japanese interest rates will widen, dealers said.
Most Popular Stories
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California