U.S. pop star Demi Lovato says she is leaving "The X Factor" after two seasons on the judges' panel because she wants to focus on her own music.
"I started the show being a singer and a musician, and so I'm going to go back to that," Lovato told the Hollywood Reporter Wednesday. "It's been really great, but I'm so excited for 2014. I'm going to dedicate it completely and entirely to music -- touring and making a new album. Possibly releasing one."
Simon Cowell, the singing competition show's creator and producer, also confirmed Lovato's departure Wednesday.
"I always knew she wasn't coming back because she's touring, so I knew that," Cowell, who is also a judge on the show, told THR.
This season of "X Factor" is to wrap up Thursday.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original Headline: Demi Lovato leaving 'X Factor' after two seasons as judge
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison