U.S. pop star Demi Lovato says she is leaving "The X Factor" after two seasons on the judges' panel because she wants to focus on her own music.
"I started the show being a singer and a musician, and so I'm going to go back to that," Lovato told the Hollywood Reporter Wednesday. "It's been really great, but I'm so excited for 2014. I'm going to dedicate it completely and entirely to music -- touring and making a new album. Possibly releasing one."
Simon Cowell, the singing competition show's creator and producer, also confirmed Lovato's departure Wednesday.
"I always knew she wasn't coming back because she's touring, so I knew that," Cowell, who is also a judge on the show, told THR.
This season of "X Factor" is to wrap up Thursday.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original Headline: Demi Lovato leaving 'X Factor' after two seasons as judge
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos