Singing star Adele has been honored at Buckingham Palace, being made a Member of the Order of the British Empire by Prince Charles.
The 25-year-old with the soulful voice has become a worldwide star since her debut album topped the charts in 2008.
Last year she performed the title song in the latest James Bond film, "Skyfall." She received an Academy Award for that effort.
Adele has recovered from throat problems that jeopardized her singing voice two years ago. She won a record six Grammy awards last year.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: British singing star Adele receives royal honor
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook