Singing star Adele has been honored at Buckingham Palace, being made a Member of the Order of the British Empire by Prince Charles.
The 25-year-old with the soulful voice has become a worldwide star since her debut album topped the charts in 2008.
Last year she performed the title song in the latest James Bond film, "Skyfall." She received an Academy Award for that effort.
Adele has recovered from throat problems that jeopardized her singing voice two years ago. She won a record six Grammy awards last year.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: British singing star Adele receives royal honor
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline