PARAMUS, N.J. --(BUSINESS WIRE)-- VORNADO REALTY TRUST (NYSE:VNO) announced today that it has completed the previously announced sale of 866 United Nations Plaza , a 360,000 square foot office building in Manhattan for $200 million . The sale resulted in net proceeds of approximately $146 million, after repaying existing debt and closing costs. The financial statement gain of $127 million will be recognized in the fourth quarter. The tax gain of approximately $165 million will be deferred in a like-kind exchange as part of Vornado’s previously announced acquisition of 655 Fifth Avenue . Vornado Realty Trust is a fully integrated equity real estate investment trust. Certain statements contained herein may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, among others, risks associated with the timing of and costs associated with property improvements, financing commitments and general competitive factors. Vornado Realty Trust Joseph Macnow , 201-587-1000 Source: Vornado Realty Trust
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?