Under a new scholarship program funded by
The UMUC Completion Scholarship will reduce tuition and fees for recipients from
“Community college graduates are a solid investment because they have already invested in themselves,” said
"Once again, the
In addition to the financial support, UMUC Completion Scholars will be able to take advantage of a comprehensive advising program with specially trained academic advisors who will work with each student to develop a plan and guide them through the journey toward completion of their bachelor’s degree.
“The UMUC Completion Scholarship will open even more doors of opportunities to students,” said William E. “Brit” Kirwan, chancellor of the University System of
According to the
“This cost-effective pathway to the bachelor’s degree rewards the efforts of Maryland’s community college graduates,” said
The earning power of a four-year degree is well documented. According to the
For more information about the UMUC Completion Scholarship and for details about how to apply, visit http://www.umuc.edu/complete.
UMUC offers open access with a global footprint and a specific mission—to meet the learning needs of nontraditional students whose responsibilities may include jobs, family, and military service. The university offers bachelor's and master's degrees, a doctoral program, and certificate programs.
UMUC faculty comprise scholar-practitioners who have distinguished themselves in their fields as well as in the classroom. The university is renowned for its online student support services, which include 24/7 access to information and library services with more than 100 online databases. UMUC also offers evening and weekend courses on-site at more than 20 locations in the
A pioneer in distance education since 1947, UMUC today is harnessing the power of learning science and technology to deliver high quality education that is accessible and affordable.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11429092.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11