Tessanne Chin has been crowned the Season 5 champion of the musical competition series "The Voice" in Los Angeles.
The 28-year-old Jamaica native was a member of mentor Adam Levine's team on the NBC show.
A former backup singer for reggae star Jimmy Cliff, Chin said she hopes her win Tuesday night will allow her music to find a global reach, NBC said in a release.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: 'The Voice' crowns a winner -- Tessanne Chin
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'