The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "The treated skin was analyzed immediately, one week and one month post-treatment using histology and transmission electron microscope (TEM). At 40W/10KJ, the epidermis was intact and light collagen homogenization was observed in the papillary dermis. At 60W/10KJ, the epidermis showed focal emergence of fractional shape change and obvious papillary dermal homogenization. At 80W/10KJ, the epidermis was completely vaporized and the superficial and mid-dermal layers of collagen tissue showed a large area of homogenization. Dermal collagen increased in density and became arranged in an orderly manner after one week and markedly thickened and arranged in compact manner after one month. TEM showed that epidermal cells were relatively complete, intercellular structure was normal, but the dermal collagen lost its typical structure, cell structure disappeared and showed massive apoptosis. A low level of apoptosis marker expression was observed, with collagen structure restoration after one month."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The treatment with the novel micro-plasma radio-frequency technique has a dose-dependent effect on the skin, especially on the dermal collagen tissue, where neocollagenesis is stimulated."
For more information on this research see: Histological and Electron Microscopic Analysis of Fractional Micro-Plasma Radio-Frequency Technology Effects.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting X. Fan, Dermatol & Laser Surg Center,
Keywords for this news article include: Collagen, Treatment, Technology,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy