The Karachi Stock Exchange closed higher on on Wednesday, with the benchmark 100-share index of the Karachi Stock Exchange rising 0.69 percent, or 174.26 points, to 25,524.46. With momentum continuing and improving participation, market during intraday gained as much as 200 points. Renewed interest was seen in scrips like Pakistan State Oil , and Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Ltd investors interest in PTCL while banking sector continued to be in the limelight, said stocks dealer. National Bank of Pakistan rose 2.08 percent to 59.30 rupees while Pakistan State Oil Co Ltd was up 1.34 percent at 340.50 rupees . The rupee ended higher at 106.53/106.58 against the dollar, compared to Tuesdays close of 106.78/106.84.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11