Shakira will release a new album in early 2014, her first after becoming a mother at the beginning of this year, her recording company announced.
The Colombian songstress is working on her 10th studio album after wrapping up her stint as a judge on NBC's "The Voice" during the most-heavily-watched season to date, Sony said in a press release.
Fans of Shakira, the winner of eight Latin Grammys and two Grammy Awards, will once again see her on their television screens during the program's coming season.
The artist, who is romantically involved with Spanish soccer star Gerard Pique, the father of her son Milan, has sold more than 60 million albums worldwide.
Shakira is the only South American artist ever to get to No. 1 on the U.S. charts with one of her numbers and she has also racked up - so far - four of the 20 bestselling hits over the past decade, Sony added.
(c) 2013 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Shakira to release new album in early 2014
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion