Shakira will release a new album in early 2014, her first after becoming a mother at the beginning of this year, her recording company announced.
The Colombian songstress is working on her 10th studio album after wrapping up her stint as a judge on NBC's "The Voice" during the most-heavily-watched season to date, Sony said in a press release.
Fans of Shakira, the winner of eight Latin Grammys and two Grammy Awards, will once again see her on their television screens during the program's coming season.
The artist, who is romantically involved with Spanish soccer star Gerard Pique, the father of her son Milan, has sold more than 60 million albums worldwide.
Shakira is the only South American artist ever to get to No. 1 on the U.S. charts with one of her numbers and she has also racked up - so far - four of the 20 bestselling hits over the past decade, Sony added.
(c) 2013 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Shakira to release new album in early 2014
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'