The testing cycle will include two phases. Ambient testing, which began in November, will confirm system-wide mechanical functioning, proper optical measurement of external phenomena and the ability of the electronics module to command the sensor via flight software in a lab at room temperature.
The sensor will then move directly into environmental testing, which simulates conditions during launch and in space, and is the final evaluation before being cleared for customer delivery.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy