IDC has released Q3 data for the
Reasons given for declining PC sales varied from country to country. In the
So what are people buying instead? Android based tablets. The tablet market grew 181.8% reaching a total of 3.2 million units out of which Android accounted for 2.39 million units with iOS and Windows making yo the rest.
As far as vendors are concerned, HP managed to lead the list of top vendors with a growth of 7.4% during Q3 of this year.
On the tablet side of things, Samsung proved to be the dominant player with shipments of 775,000 tablets followed by Apple at 693,000 iPads,
“Though iOS continues to lose share in the region, the launch of the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display should help the vendor grow in terms of units shipped over the forecast period,” says Fouad Rafiq Charakla, research manager for personal computing, systems, and infrastructure solutions at IDC Middle East,
The post PC Market continues to fall in the
COPYRIGHT 2013 TBREAK MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South