At the time of the AIRS image, the western-most edge of the low covered most of the island nation of Sri Lanka where it brought rain. AIRS data showed bands of thunderstorms also wrapping into the center from the west and south. The circulation appears to be consolidating today,
The low-level center of the system lies to the south of a subtropical ridge (elongated area) of high pressure, which is providing good outflow, but is also causing vertical wind shear, which is inhibiting the development.
The Joint Typhoon Warning Center expects this low pressure area to become a tropical depression and curve away from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?