technology Announces Initiation of a Materials Cooperative Research and Development Agreement With The National Institute of Neurological... -->
Lixte Biotechnology Announces Initiation of a Materials Cooperative Research and Development Agreement With
"Under an M-CRADA, a party provides research material, in this case proprietary compounds from Lixte's pipeline, for study by scientists at NIH. The exchange of materials is for research only and implies no endorsement of the materials on the part of either party." Dr. Kovach continued, "Lixte's primary emphasis is on developing drugs for the treatment of cancer but its compounds also have potential for treating a variety of other diseases and we welcome exploration of these possibilities by NIH scientists." Dr. Kovach noted that part of the appeal of an M-CRADA for a company is that "NIH grants a collaborator an exclusive option to elect an exclusive or non-exclusive commercialization license." He adds, "As Lixte is eager to bring new potentially more-effective compounds for the treatment of human diseases to the clinic as rapidly as possible, the company encourages outstanding investigators such as those at NINDS to undertake studies of its compounds."
Keywords for this news article include: Lixte, Stroke, Treatment, Marketing and Licensing Agreements (see also Lixte).
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress