NEWS: Lennar's fiscal fourth-quarter net income climbed 32 percent as it sold more homes at higher prices. Its performance beat analysts' expectations. The stock rose in premarket trading on Wednesday. DETAILS: Lennar Corp. said that its home deliveries rose 27 percent to 5,650 homes. New orders climbed 13 percent to 4,498 homes, with the average sales price up 18 percent. Backlog increased 19 percent to 4,806 homes. NUMBERS: For the three months ended Nov. 30 , Lennar earned $164.1 million , or 73 cents per share. That's up from $124.3 million , or 56 cents per share, a year earlier. Analysts, on average, expected earnings of 62 cents per share, according to a FactSet survey. Revenue increased 42 percent to $1.92 billion from $1.35 billion . Wall Street predicted $1.88 billion in revenue. Full-year net income fell to $479.7 million , or $2.15 per share, from $679.1 million , or $3.11 per share, in the previous year. The prior year's results were helped by a $435.2 million tax benefit. Annual revenue rose 44 percent to $5.94 billion from $4.12 billion . STOCK: Lennar shares climbed $1.15 , or 3.3 percent, to $36.35 in premarket trading about 2 ½ hours ahead of the market open.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign