This extremely small experimental satellite (which is one of, if not, the smallest functional spacecraft ever placed in orbit) was deployed in orbit by a larger satellite Unisat-1 developed in a partnership between Kentucky Space (KS),
This class of satellite, which was originally proposed by MSU Professor
The PocketQube class satellite is envisioned to have a wide range of applications including: space network nodes, sensor platforms, inexpensive test-beds and novel satellite constellations that are inexpensive, redundant and spatially organized.
Kentucky Space is a private nonprofit enterprise focused on entrepreneurial, educational and commercial space solutions. For additional information relating to the launch, contact
Keywords for this news article include: Aerospace, Spacecraft, Kentucky Space.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes