TOKYO , Dec. 19 -- ( Kyodo ) _ The yield on the bellwether 10-year Japanese government bond rose Thursday morning as a sharp rally of Tokyo stocks prompted bond selling. The yield on the No. 332, 0.6 percent issue, the main barometer of long-term interest rates, ended morning interdealer trading at 0.660 percent, up 0.005 percentage point from Wednesday's close. The price of the March futures contract for 10-year bonds was up 0.02 point at 144.15 on the Tokyo Stock Exchange .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign