The radar system called Arash operates on UHF, VHF and HF frequencies and will improve the country's ability to engage in electronic warfare,
"The powerful Arash radar is one of the most important achievements of Khatam al-Anabia Air Defense Base," he said. The radar will be stationed in an undisclosed location in the country in the coming days.
The new radar does not emit radar waves and cannot be detected by the enemy, Fars said adding the radar is also known as the Silent Radar System.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules