DUBAI , 18th December, 2013 /WAM/ -- DP World has won the coveted Excellence in Financial Reporting Award at the Middle East Accountancy and Finance Excellence Awards ceremony recently held at the Ritz Carlton in Abu Dhabi under the patronage of Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development . Saeed Shahsavarani , Senior Vice President and Group Financial Controller of DP World received the award on behalf of the company. The Middle East Accountancy and Finance Excellence Awards are organised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales / ICAEW /, a world leader in the accountancy and finance profession with over 140,000 members across the globe. The awards were launched in 2011 to celebrate the very best in the accountancy and finance profession in the Middle East . DP World CFO, Yuvraj Narayan , said, "We are honoured that the DP World Group Finance Department has been recognised by ICAEW , a distinguished body in the field of accountancy and finance. As a public company, we are constantly focusing on achieving higher reporting standards to provide quality financial reports to our shareholders. We are fortunate to have dedicated, hardworking, and knowledgeable finance staff within our group to support this on-going effort. This recognition is indeed further confirmation of our commitment to protect the interests of the company as well as those of the shareholders. I would like to thank ICAEW for this award." The Excellence in Financial Reporting award is for organisations whose financial reports show an explicit statement of the long-term direction of the company, supported by the short-term strategic priorities and actions to pursue this, with clear use of specific targets, clear analysis of the principal risks the company faces in meeting its strategic aims, including information on how these are mitigated and managed, clarity in reporting of fundamental financial performance such as underlying drivers of financial results, cash and funding policies and positions, and segmental performance, an appreciation of the company s approach to sustainable development and how this links to the strategic ambitions of the company and an explanation of how the company s governance structures operate effectively in practice.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO