They are the featured speakers of
Rogers is the Swanlund Professor at the
Rogers is forging new territory in electronics. His team is engineering nanoscale, ultra-thin, sophisticated electronics that are also biodegradable, such as "electroceutical" bacteriocides designed to kill harmful bacteria at surgical sites before they can cause infection. He has published more than 400 papers and is an inventor on more than 80 patents.
Weiss is the Irving M. Klotz Research Professor at
Weiss studies electronic processes in colloidal, semiconductor and metal nanoparticles, which are so small that thousands could fit in the period at the end of this sentence. Her goal is to understand how energy gets converted from one class to another, for example, from light to heat. This new knowledge could lead to novel nanostructures for new types of solar cells and bio-electronic devices.
The two lectures, which are held at every ACS national meeting, are a result of collaboration between
"The Kavli Foundation Innovations in Chemistry Lecture" series debuted at the Anaheim meeting in
"The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecture" series recognizes the achievements of outstanding young chemical scientists. These presentations feature exceptional scientists younger than 40 years old and not more than 10 years removed from earning their Ph.D.s when nominated.
"The Foundation is delighted to be partnering with ACS on a program dedicated to young scientists pioneering their fields," said
2014 ACS President
Keywords for this news article include: Chemistry, Electronics,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction