Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has notified a reduction in the Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) price in Region 1 and Region 2. According to OGRA officials, following the Supreme Court (SC) of Pakistan verdict on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) price, the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has notified a reduction in the commodity prices ranging between Rs 1.23 to Rs 0.61 per kg. The SC on December 10, 2014 , while suspending 9 percent additional General Sales Tax (GST) on CNG, directed the regulatory body to notify new CNG prices as per SC decision. According to the notification, the commodity price in region-I, which constitutes of Balochistan , Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and Pothohar areas will be reduced by Rs 1.23 per kg, while in Region 2 consisting of Sindh and Punjab it will be reduced by Rs 0.61 per kg. After the decrease, per kilogram price of CNG in Region 1 is Rs74.25 , while the price in Region 2 is Rs66.14 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO