Dec. 18 -- The Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority on Wednesday tabled consideration of a proposal to use a lease on the Airport Hilton Hotel as security for a $2 million renovation loan, after board members expressed some concerns. Cooper Realty Co. , which operates the hotel at McGhee Tyson Airport , said the funds are needed toward a $5 million renovation required by the Hilton chain. However, several board members noted Cooper Realty had approached the board with a similar request in 2011 but said the renovations would cost $3 million . Bryan Cable , Airport Hilton general manager, said the earlier figure was an estimate before Hilton officials visited the hotel and determined the full scope of the work. ___ (c)2013 the Knoxville News-Sentinel (Knoxville, Tenn.) Visit the Knoxville News-Sentinel (Knoxville, Tenn.) at www.knoxnews.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?