TOKYO , Dec. 19 -- ( Kyodo ) _ The holding company of Ashikaga Bank , a regional bank once nationalized after falling into negative net worth, listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Thursday. Ashikaga Holdings Co. fetched an initial price of 451 yen . Its predecessor was delisted from the TSE in 2004 after the regional bank based in Tochigi Prefecture, eastern Japan , was put under state control in 2003 with a negative net worth of more than 100 billion yen . Ashikaga Holdings has been reconstructing itself with the help of an investment group led by Nomura Holdings Inc. , which bought Ashikaga in 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4