Actress and philanthropist Rosario Dawson will be the keynote speaker for the 21st Annual YWCA Women's Luncheon on April 17, officials have announced.
Dawson, also a singer and writer, has appeared in several movies, including "Men in Black II," "Sin City," "Rent," "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" and "Eagle Eye."
She has earned several honors, including an ALMA Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture, an American Black Film Festival Rising Star Award, six nominations for the Black Reel Awards and has won the Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture Image Award, among others. She is also involved with many humanitarian organizations.
The luncheon, which has become a signature community event for the YWCA, raises monies to help support programs that "invest in women and children, strengthen families in transition, build the community, and develop leadership activities in women and girls while helping them reach their full potential," according to organizers.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas). Distributed by MCT Information Services.
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Original headline: Rosario Dawson to speak at El Paso annual YWCA luncheon
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays