Item 8.01 OTHER EVENTS. On December 17, 2013 , the Board of Directors of Mackinac Financial Corporation (the "Company") declared a cash dividend of $.05 per common share, payable January 8, 2014 to shareholders of record as of December 30, 2013 . The Corporation also announced that its Board of Directors authorized the continuance of the stock buyback program by increasing the original $600,000 authorized by an additional $600,000 . On December 17, 2013 , the Company issued a press release announcing both the dividend and the continuance of the stock buyback program. A copy of the press release is attached to this Form 8-K as Exhibit 99.1 and is incorporated herein by reference. The information contained in this item, including that which is incorporated by reference, is being furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). Such information shall not be deemed "filed" for purposes of Section 18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 or otherwise subject to the liabilities of that Section. The information shall not be deemed incorporated by reference into any registration statement or other document filed pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933, except as expressly set forth by specific reference in such filing. ITEM 9.01. FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND EXHIBITS. (d) Exhibits The following exhibits are furnished herewith: EXHIBIT NUMBER EXHIBIT DESCRIPTION 99.1 Press Release of Mackinac Financial Corporation dated December 17, 2013
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?