U.S. pop star Kelly Rowland has confirmed she is engaged to marry her manager Tim Witherspoon.
Rowland announced her betrothal at a taping of Wednesday's edition of "The Queen Latifah Show," UsMagazine.com reported.
"He put a ring on it," Rowland said, holding up her left hand for the audience.
"It's been a while," Rowland added, without saying specifically when she got engaged. "We've kept it very, very low -- for years, to be completely honest."
The former Destiny's Child star went on to say her beau proposed to her via Skype when she was "in Bulgaria somwhere" and they were chatting by video conference.
"It was so late -- we were just staring at each other," she said, explaining he later cemented the deal by offering her a beautiful diamond ring.
"I have my best friend to ride through life with," she said of Witherspoon. "He really is my best friend."
Most Popular Stories
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California