MORRIS TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Honeywell expects profit and revenue to increase next year, though the company's revenue projection fell just shy of Wall Street's and shares slipped in early trading Tuesday.
The industrial conglomerate projected 2014 net income of $5.35 to $5.55 per share on $40.3 billion to $40.7 billion in revenue. Analysts, on average, expect earnings of $5.54 per share on $41.11 billion in revenue, according to FactSet.
Honeywell International Inc. based in Morris Township, N.J., also backed its previous guidance for the current year of $4.90 to $4.95 in earnings and $38.8 billion to $39 billion in revenue. Analysts expect a profit of $4.95 per share on $38.86 billion in revenue.
Shares fell 21 cents to $87.16.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Honeywell says profit and revenue to rise in 2014
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property