Talking Points: ** The impact from the Fed's December rate decision depends heavily on whether it catalyzes risk trends ** A December Taper is not the benchmark consensus for the broad market, but it is a hefty probability ** This FOMC gathering is not just a Taper decision, it offers updated forecasts and Bernanke's presser Speculation over the Federal Reserve's final policy decision of 2013 has generated an incredible rush of headlines, but its influence on positioning is still unclear. With the bulk of the market expected to check out for the rest of the year next week, there is a small window for this event to stir the kind of fundamental shift in sentiment and positioning that leads to trend generation. In fact, far more important than the actual outcome of this meeting is whether it overcomes the liquidity drain in momentum and volatility the seasonality effect makes almost inevitable. We discuss the scenarios for the FOMC decision and their possible market impact and trade opportunities in today's Forex Strategy Video.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit