The social networking giant said that the auto-play video ads won't play audio at first and only when the user taps or clicks on it, the sound would play.
However, the site's more than 1 billion members would not be able to opt out of having the ads automatically played as they scroll through their NewsFeed.
The report said that only one video, a trailer for the new movie 'Divergent', will appear in the initial limited test available to only a small number of people.
Meanwhile, head of global marketing at Kenshoo, which is part of
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed