The EIIB-Rasmala Group was named 'Best Islamic Bank in Europe at the Islamic Business & Finance Awards 2013. Zak Hydari , Chief Executive of EIIB-Rasmala, said, "2013 has been another milestone year in the continued growth of the EIIB-Rasmala Group . The creation of the EIIB-Rasmala Group has established a unique platform for the origination and execution of Islamic finance activity, transactions and investment opportunities between the global financial centers of London and Dubai . "2013 saw our Group continue to provide market leading investment banking products, such as our role as the arranger and bookrunner for European-based multinational insurance group FWU on their innovative $100 million Sukuk al-Wakala programme. We also launched a number of exciting new investment funds including the Rasmala Trade Finance Fund , the Rasmala Global Sukuk Fund , the Rasmala Leasing Fund and the Rasmala GCC Islamic Equity Income Fund . All of these funds were launched in response to the increasing global demand for Sharia-compliant investment products. We are extremely pleased to have these achievements recognized by such a respected panel of experts, as well as our industry peers." The Group also announced plans in October to target more than $2 billion of capital and investment funds from global investors and clients across its range of Islamic asset management and investment banking products.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules