MoHE's Information Technology (IT) Director
The director, who attended a conference on information technology in
The three-day IT conference, organised by MoHE, is aimed to discuss the achievements made in the sector over the past five years and device a 10-year plan to overcome challenges facing the ministry.
Higher Education Minister
He said his ministry had achieved significant progress in introducing technology experts over the past ten years.
He said all government universities were equipped with computers and as many as 15 public universities had video conference facilities.
Obaid also said 50 Afghan students were expected to complete doctorate, 500 masters and 10,000 bachelor's degrees in IT in
Telecommunications and Information Technology Minister Amirzai Sangin told the conference said technology played an important role in a country's development.
He said most countries used the Internet and telephone services to pay electricity bills, buy flight tickets and obtain admissions to schools and universities.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March