ST. PAUL, Minn. --(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The board of directors of 3M (NYSE:MMM) today declared a dividend on the company’s common stock of 85.5 cents per share for the first quarter of 2014, a 35 percent increase over the quarterly dividend paid in 2013. The dividend is payable March 12, 2014 , to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 14, 2014 . 3M has paid dividends to its shareholders without interruption for more than 97 years. As of November 29, 2013 , 3M had 665,241,865 common shares outstanding and 91,873 shareholders of record. About 3M 3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter. 3M Media Contact: Jacqueline Berry , 651-733-3611 or Investor Contacts: Matt Ginter , 651-733-8206 or Bruce Jermeland , 651-733-1807 Source: 3M
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law