The US markets were marking a move higher today with M&A activity heating up. Reports so far indicate that AIG (AIG) has found a buyer for its aircraft leasing business, LSI Logic (LSI) is being acquired by Avago (AVGO) and Intel (INTC) is in advanced talks with Verizon (VZ) regarding its television venture. Good morning this is Kristin Bianco with the Week Ahead Market Report for December 16, 2013 . In overseas trading, Japan 's Nikkei 225 Stock Average fell 1.6% and the Hang Seng declined by 0.5% overnight. In Europe on Monday, the FTSE 100 was higher by 1.3% so far and the German DAX is higher by 1.9%. In economic news, investors will see reports on CPI data on Tuesday, housing starts and the FOMC rate decision on Wednesday, initial jobless claims on Thursday and third quarter GDP revisions on Friday. In earnings news this week, investors won't have many reports to review with the holidays rapidly approaching. Of the earnings reports being released this week, just FedEx (FDX) is noteworthy, reporting on Wednesday morning before the opening bell. Join us on Friday for the Weekly Market Wrap and have a wonderful week. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201312WeekAhead121613&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'