Uzbek President Islam Karimov approved investment plan for 2014 which assumes USD 3.883bn in 166 projects. The government plans to attract USD 1.214bn of foreign credits on 74 projects under its own guarantees. Besides, the document assumes that foreign direct investments (FDI) will reach USD 2.67bn for 92 projects. The bulk part of investments is expected to be attracted to fuel-energy sector - USD 2.6bn for 35 projects, of which USD 2.228bn will be FDI.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?