Members of Local 1150 of the
Sikorsky makes Black Hawk helicopters and is a division of
"Both sides worked hard to reach an agreement that is fair to our employees while helping Sikorsky to remain competitive," the company said in a statement. "The contract ratification comes two months ahead of the expiration of the previous contract and provides labor stability in the midst of a challenging and uncertain economic time for Sikorsky, its customers, and its suppliers."
Messages were left Monday for union officials.
Contract negotiations began
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset